On TED, there was this rather funny video of British scientist Jonathan Drori, asking smart people the following 6 questions, 4 of which were answered and 2 were left as homework. He states that most educated people have them wrong! Actually, he states that most children understand gravity better befor than after school. I pose the questions here to you, just for the fun of it. I will post the answer in the comments, so you have to click to view them.
- A seed weights almost nothing. A tree weights a lot. Where does the mass come from?
- Can you light a bulb with a battery, a bulb and a single strand of wire?
- Why is warm in summer and cold in winter?
- Can you draw a simple model of a solar system?
And the homework questions are (beware of the tails!):
- Explain why a plane flies (and take into account why planes can fly upside down).
- Explain why the sea is blue (even on cloudy days).